Town of Orange utilizes the North Quabbin Regional Animal Control
The Animal Control Officer enforces the Dog Control By-Laws, promotes public safety, provides public information, and safeguards animal welfare.
Animal Control Officer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Picking up loose dogs
- Suspect Rabies Intervention
- Issuing citations for owners who violate the Dog Control By-Laws
- Appearing in court against those who fail to pay their citations
- Holding unclaimed dogs for a mandatory ten days at the impound kennel in Warwick
- Placing unclaimed dogs for adoption at the end of the 10 day hold
- Obtaining necessary veterinary care for dogs in custody
- Assisting dog owners with issues and concerns regarding the care of their companion animals; Providing referrals to those seeking to surrender a dog
- Offering information on a wide variety of pet care issues
- Conducting Nuisance Dog hearings before the Selectboard
Normal office hours are 6 pm to 8 pm. Monday through Thursday, and 9 am to noon Saturday. Call for an appointment 978-249-2494.
Voicemail is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for people to leave messages regarding missing or found dogs, reports of dog bites or any barking/nuisance complaints, adoption inquiries, and requests for information.
If you need immediate assistance outside normal working hours, please contact the Orange Police at 978-544-2128.