View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am to 11:00 am
How to Reach Us
The Dog Officer enforces the Dog Control By-Laws, promotes public safety, provides public information, and safeguards animal welfare.
Dog Officer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Picking up loose dogs;
- Issuing citations for owners who violate the Dog Control By-Laws;
- Appearing in court against those who fail to pay their citations;
- Holding unclaimed dogs for a mandatory ten (10) days at the impound kennel in Warwick;
- Placing unclaimed dogs for adoption at the end of the 10 day hold;
- Obtaining necessary veterinary care for dogs in custody;
- Assisting dog owners with issues and concerns regarding the care of their companion animals; Providing referrals to those seeking to surrender a dog;
- Offering information on a wide variety of pet care issues;
- Conducting Nuisance Dog hearings before the Selectboard
While the normal working hours are 6 pm – 8 pm Monday – Thursday, and 8 am - 11 am Saturday, voicemail is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for people to leave messages regarding missing or found dogs, reports of dog bites or any barking/nuisance complaints, adoption inquiries, and requests for information.
If you need immediate assistance outside normal working hours, please contact the Orange Police at 544-2128.