Hello, my name is Andrea Crete. I became employeed for the Town of Orange Board of Health on April 1, 2015. I am delighted to be a part of such a caring and wonderful community that has so much to offer. I have been in the public health career for 10 years and have worked for different municipalities in Massachusetts. I have a Masters Degree in Public Health with a concentration in Environmental Health from Boston University School of Public Health. I have also obtained the following licenses necessary to carry out my responsibility as a Health Agent:
MA Registered Sanitarian (RS#1379)
MA Title 5 System Inspector (#SI4550)
MA Soil Evaluator (#SE 2944)
MA Certified Pool and Spa Operator (#133405)
MA Code Enforcement Lead Paint Determinator (#D4157)
MAPHIT Certified Housing Specialist
MAPHIT Certified Food Inspector and Trainer
Below captures many of the responsibilities I carry out as Health Agent to the Board:
- Conduct annual inspections for food safety, restaurants, tanning, body art, housing inspections, day camps, public pools and bathing beaches
- Enforce State Sanitary Codes pertaining to Public Health and Board of Health Regulations.
- Investigate all complaints related to air, water, food, noisome trades, hazardous materials, housing, pools, septic systems, recreational camps and nuisances
- Conduct reviews and inspections related to septic plans and installs; review and approve well plans and water quality results; and review Title 5 system inspection reports.
- Conduct Animal/Barn Inspections and rabies quarantines for Department of Agriculture in the Town of Orange.
- Some administrative duties: oversee permitting process and organizing record keeping related to BOH permits; establish and maintain computer files, forms, files, data management of inspections, and records for BOH.
- Maintain current knowledge of laws, regulations and rules as they impact health and sanitation in the Town of Orange.
- Budget update and management of BOH revolving fund.
- Prepare documents for BOH meetings and attend monthly BOH meetings.
- Vaccine management and organizing annual flu clinics.
I look forward to working with the local businesses and residents. I am an educator at heart and am always willing to take the time to teach and work with people to come up with solutions that work best for the situation at hand.