- 6 pm
- 3rd Thursday of the month
- Sarah Wells - Member
- Matt Teto - Member
Who Are We & What We Do
The Orange Conservation Commission is an entirely volunteer town board that administers the Wetlands Protection Act (WPA) which protects all water and wetland resources, sensitive natural areas, and species.
Our goals are to:
- Conserve natural resources for present and future generations
- Identify natural resources in the Town
- Assist in developing and conserving parks, natural areas, farms, and forests
- Establish and maintain recreational trails
- Protect native animal and plant species
- Assist in the acquisition of properties for the preservation of open space
- Assist residents in the understanding of WPA regulations and the application of the regulations to various projects
- Determination Of Applicability - No application fee however a notice must be published in the local newspaper at least five days prior to the meeting at the applicant's expense.
- Notice Of Intent - The fee varies depending on the scope of work. Please consult the NOI instructions.
- Applications must be received by the Commission at least fourteen days before the next meeting date.
- Notice of hearing must be advertised no later than five days prior to the hearing.
How to Reach Us
- Phone: 978-544-1105, ext. 6